Westat NHANES - Field Coordinator in Nationwide, United States
Job ID 12602BR
Job Title NHANES - Field Coordinator
City US - Nationwide
Job Status Full-Time
Westat is currently seeking motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence for the ongoing National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The core of NHANES involves in-person household interviews and medical examinations conducted in a mobile examination center (MEC).
The Field Coordinator position requires full-time, continuous travel for 48 weeks a year. Staff travel home only during two project-specified vacation breaks determined by the study schedule.
The Field Coordinator is a member of the field office team. This position is responsible for overseeing validation and quality control activities, including supervising the Quality Control Specialist; producing interviewer reports and Field Office staff schedules; and handling housing and other administrative issues, including expense reports, timesheets, petty cash, and travel arrangements. The Field Coordinator also assists the Study Manager with interviewer conferences and the Office Coordinator with managing MEC activities as needed.
· Be 18 years old;
· Be available to attend in-person training; and
· Be willing to complete Web-based training prior to in-person training.
· Experience in survey research, outside sales, community/social work, health care, nutrition, teaching, or other professional experience working with the public;
· 2-3 years of supervisory experience;
· Associate’s degree;
· Available to commit to at least 1 year of full-time continuous travel;
· Willing to work 40 hours per week at specified days/times;
· Willing to travel nationally to designated counties for project work;
· Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations:
o Lift and carry 35 pounds of equipment and materials;
o Walk 2 blocks; and
o Climb a flight of stairs while carrying equipment;
· Valid (current and not suspended) driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. A driving record that includes, for example, a conviction for a serious motor vehicle violation such as DUI or DWI within the past 5 years will not be acceptable; and
· Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred;
· Applicants bilingual in English and Spanish are encouraged to apply;
· Strong reading, verbal, and written communication skills;
· Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to convey the importance of the study to respondents;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
· The ability to discuss sensitive issues in a professional manner;
· Comfortable working in unfamiliar locations and communicating with people from all walks of life and socio-economic groups;
· Excellent computer, administrative, and clerical skills (Internet access, Microsoft Word and Excel, and email);
· Comfortable using a laptop computer and establishing Wi-Fi connections in various locations;
· Display professional appearance and demeanor;
· Work consistently in an organized manner;
· Flexible in working assigned tasks; and
· Able to read and use maps efficiently.
Residents of New York City or Philadelphia must apply to the specific location requisition.
FULL-TIME CONTINUOUS TRAVEL IS REQUIRED with a 1-year minimum commitment.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a background screening based on the specific position which will include, at a minimum, criminal records history.
Hourly rate is based on experience. This is a non-exempt position and is eligible for overtime pay. This position is full-time hourly and is initially eligible for group benefits. Benefits include bonuses, paid lodging, daily per diem ranging from $51-$74 per day, company car and insurance or car allowance of $475 monthly, two annual paid vacations lasting 8-10 days each, paid holidays, ESOP, and 401(k). Health insurance is offered at a cost. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Requisition ID 17076