Westat NHANES - Bilingual Quality Control Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job ID 12608BR
Job Title NHANES - Bilingual Quality Control Specialist
City PA - Philadelphia
Job Status Full-Time
Westat is currently seeking motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence for the ongoing National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The core of NHANES involves in-person household interviews and medical examinations conducted in a mobile examination center (MEC).
The Bilingual Quality Control Specialist position requires full-time, continuous travel for 48 weeks a year. Staff travel home only during two project-specified vacation breaks determined by the study schedule.
The Bilingual Quality Control Specialist is a member of the field office team. This position is responsible for providing the first line of feedback to interviewers about the quality of their work, including meeting with them regularly to review reports and discuss problems. The Bilingual QC Specialist also edits Spanish and English questionnaires, generates quality control reports, resolves technical issues with IT staff, and conducts validation efforts. Field office teams work in five sites a year, remaining in each site for about 9 weeks.
· Be 18 years old;
· Be available to attend in-person training; and
· Be willing to complete Web-based training prior to in-person training.
· Be able to effectively communicate in written and spoken Spanish and English. Must successfully complete the Westat language assessment protocols;
· Have at least 1 year of supervisory experience and experience in research, sales, or community/social work;
· Available to commit to at least 1 year of full-time continuous travel;
· Willing to work 40 hours per week at specified days/times;
· Willing to travel nationally to designated counties for project work;
· Able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations:
o Lift and carry 35 pounds of equipment and materials;
o Walk 2 blocks; and
o Climb a flight of stairs while carrying equipment;
· Valid (current and not suspended) driver’s license.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred;
· Excellent computer, administrative and clerical skills (be able to access the internet, use the keyboard, and email)
· Comfortable using a laptop computer and establishing Wi-Fi connections in various locations;
· Strong reading, verbal, and written communication skills;
· Comfortable working in unfamiliar locations, knocking on doors, and communicating with people from all walks of life and socio-economic groups;
· Self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to convey the importance of the study to respondents;
· Display professional appearance and demeanor;
· Work consistently in an organized manner;
· Flexible in working assigned tasks;
· Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment;
· Able to read and use maps efficiently.
Residents of New York City or Philadelphia must apply to the specific location requisition.
FULL-TIME CONTINUOUS TRAVEL IS REQUIRED with a 1-year minimum commitment.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for this position, based on the specific position, which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Hourly rate is based on experience. This is a non-exempt position and is eligible for overtime pay. This position is full-time hourly and is initially eligible for group benefits. Benefits include bonuses, paid lodging, daily per diem ranging from $51-$74 per day, company car and insurance or car allowance of $475 monthly, two annual paid vacations lasting 8-10 days each, paid holidays, ESOP, and 401(k). Health insurance is offered at a cost. Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Requisition ID 17077