Westat NHANES - Mobile Examination Center (MEC) - Physician in New York, New York
Job ID 13016BR
Job Title NHANES - Mobile Examination Center (MEC) - Physician
City NY - New York
Job Status Full-Time
Westat is currently seeking motivated individuals with a commitment to excellence for the ongoing National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The core of NHANES involves in-person household interviews and medical examinations conducted in a mobile examination center (MEC).
This position requires full-time continuous travel for 48 weeks a year. Two specified vacation breaks are determined by the study schedule.
The MEC physician performs the physician examination, including blood pressure measurements; explains sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing pursuant to study protocols; reviews laboratory results and provides referrals when necessary; and serves as Director of Emergency Response activities as well as Safety Officer for the exam team.
Be at least 18 years old.
· Have a doctor of medicine degree from an accredited institution of medicine;
· Have an active license to practice medicine in any of the 50 States or the District of Columbia;
· Have experience in direct patient care;
· Be CPR certified or have the ability to obtain CPR certification within the first 3 months of employment;
· Be available to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends, when work is available;
· Be willing to comply with all training requirements;
· Be willing to commit to work for at least 1 year;
· Be willing to travel nationally for project work;
· Be capable of lifting 35 lbs., as well as packing, unpacking, moving, and storing equipment and supplies, with or without reasonable accommodations;
· Have a valid (current and not suspended) driver’s license;
· Have the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; and
· Have a basic computer proficiency and administrative and clerical skills.
· Have excellent computer skills (be able to access the Internet, use the keyboard, and email);
· Have experience working with the general public;
· Be capable of establishing and maintaining a good rapport with study participants;
· Be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to convey the importance of the study to participants;
· Work consistently in an organized manner;
· Be flexible in working assigned tasks; and
· Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Applicants who are bilingual in English and Spanish are encouraged to apply.
FULL-TIME CONTINUOUS TRAVEL IS REQUIRED with a 1-year minimum commitment (two vacation breaks per year).
Residents of New York City or Philadelphia must apply to the specific location requisition.
This is a full-time nonexempt position and is eligible for overtime pay and group benefits. Mandatory paid training will be held. Pay rates are based on experience. Benefits include bonuses, paid lodging, per diem ranging from $51-$74 per day, company car and insurance or car allowance of $475 monthly, two paid vacations per year lasting 8-10 days each, paid holidays, ESOP, and 401(k); health insurance is offered at a cost.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for this position, based on the specific position, which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Working on this study can be a fascinating, rewarding experience. If you are a reliable self-starter and interested in a job that requires full-time continuous travel, this position may be right for you.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Requisition ID 18021